If you have a complaint, please contact Anthony Mears our Client Care Partner. You can write to Anthony at H Vaughan Vaughan & Co, Manchester House, 50 High Street, Builth Wells, Powys LD2 3AD. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org
or telephone on 01982 552 331.
If we have to change any of the responsibilities
or the timescales set out below we will let you know and explain why.
What will happen next?
1. Within three working days we will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain any details. If it seems appropriate we will suggest a meeting at this stage. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint.
2. We will record your complaint in our central register and open a file for your complaint. We will also investigate your complaint by examining the relevant file.
3. If appropriate we will then invite you to meet Anthony Mears to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. We would hope to be in a position to meet with you in this way no longer than 14 days after first receiving your complaint. If you would prefer not to meet, or if we cannot arrange this within an agreeable timescale, you would be written to setting out the views on the situation and any redress that we would feel to be
4. Within three days of any meeting we will write to you to confirm what took place and any suggestions that we have agreed with you.
5. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, please let us know. We will then arrange to review our decision. We would generally aim to do this within 10 days. This will happen in one of the following ways.
· Anthony Mears will review his own decision;
· We will arrange for someone in the firm who has not been involved in your complaint to review it;
· We will ask our local law society or another local firm of solicitors to review your complaint. We will let you know how long this process will take;
· We will invite you to agree to independent mediation. We will let you know how long this process will take.
6. We will let you know the result of the review within five days of the end of the review. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
7. If the complaint is still not resolved at the end of this complaints process you have the right to refer your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman at Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ;
telephone: 0300 555 0333 from 8.30am to 5.30pm; email: email@example.com website: www.legalombudsman.org.uk. Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint.